COVID19 Procedure Updates (updated 4/3/23):
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as local government regulations and concerns that are unique to our individual business. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We are a health care facility as well as a fitness facility. We have many patients and clients who may have higher risk factors or live/interact closely with those who do. Because of this, there are times when we may observe more strict precautions than what is generally recommended due to the close nature of our services.
- Our office may communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your first visit in person and you may be asked to read and sign the COVID informed consent prior to your in-person sessions.
- Per CDC guidelines, starting April 3, 2023, Masks will no longer be mandatory for all visitors, staff, and clients within our facility. However, we do reserve the right to protect ourselves and those within our space who may be at a higher risk. Please read and respect our mask policy at the bottom of the page for more details. We generally operate more conservatively than the recommended government guidelines.
- We sometimes lock the front entrance while we are treating patients as there is not always someone at the front desk. You may ring the doorbell within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time if the door is locked and/or wait in your car or outside the door.
- Please wash your hands upon entering and before leaving the studio for at least 20 seconds as good standard practice. Hand sanitizer is readily available as needed throughout your session.
- You may be asked to wear grip socks if you will be performing exercises on some of our equipment for your safety. If you do not have grip socks, they are available for sale within the office. Unless there are specific medical reasons, we request that people remove their shoes prior to entering the upstairs carpeted studio.
- We have high quality HEPA air purifiers in all treatment and fitness areas in the studio. We may turn them on to a higher setting while you are present or just before/after your session to filter the air in the room. They work better to clean the air in a given space when the doors are closed.
- We use disinfectant cleaners on our tables, large Pilates apparatus and most props between patients. We also use UV light for disinfecting select smaller soft props that cannot easily be sprayed down.
- Please be on time and realize that we work on a strict schedule of 50 minute sessions to ensure adequate time to clean/disinfect between patients, clients, & classes.
- When possible, please have your payment available (check to ProBalance is always preferred) or a credit card on file so we can minimize and streamline your checkout.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an in-person or remote appointment, please call our office at 510-523-1900 or use our secure contact form found on the "Contact Us" page.
We will alert you as we restrict or expand in-person offerings based on government and public health recommendations. The order of return to services will include: Phase 1: Essential physical therapy services, Phase 2: private wellness sessions (by either physical therapists or fitness teachers, Phase 3: small group classes and/or teacher training courses with vaccination requirement or testing requirement, Phase 4: group classes at prior capacity with no restrictions. For those who have packages of privates or classes, expiration dates will be extended through June 2024 or as long as need be for safety reasons as long as we are operating in the Phase 3 range.
Note that we have an online membership program called Be Well-Stay Well™ which provides unlimited access to live and on-demand group classes and Q&A’s on a monthly ($39/month or $399/annual) plan. We are also offering virtual private sessions to help serve our patients and clients.
Thank you for supporting The ProBalance® Studio as a local business. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
*******MASK POLICY (last amended 4-3-23)
NOTE: MASK REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME PER LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS AND PER LOCAL OUTBREAKS.
The ProBalance Studio is both a HEALTHCARE FACILITY as well as a FITNESS/WELLNESS FACILITY. We may, at times, have stricter guidelines than those of the local agencies due to our commitment to ensuring a safe environment for you, our other patients/clients, our staff, and their family members that may be at-risk. Any bullying or refusal of compliance with our masking/vaccination/testing policies, will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the premises. Safety is our first priority.
DO NOT ENTER PROBALANCE STUDIO IF:
* You have any COVID Symptoms or other signs of illness, including:
* shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
* muscle aches
* sore throat
* new loss of taste or smell
* congestion or runny nose
* nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
* You suspect you may be sick with COVID-19.
* If you have tested positive with an Antigen test within 5-7 days and are still symptomatic.
April 3, 2023, California lifted its mandate on masks for healthcare facilities. What this means for your visit to The ProBalance® Studio:
Masks will no longer be mandated by the state within our facility for clients, patients, and visitors, but are recommended based on local conditions and your personal preferences. Note that we do reserve the right to ask you to wear a mask at select times.
The ProBalance® staff will continue to wear high quality masks while performing direct patient and client services, including private fitness and wellness sessions, PT Treatment sessions, or group fitness class until further notice and/or based on risk factors of activity, space, or people occupying the room.
For those of you who are higher risk, if you have concerns, you may want to consider the timing or type of session you choose to participate in when they are more fitness/wellness in nature (group class vs. privates, in a private room versus in a shared studio space, etc) based on your comfort level. Feel free to share concerns with our staff for scheduling purposes so we can try to accommodate your needs as the community moves towards this transition without masks.
Recognize that The ProBalance® Staff are in contact with a large number of people, often in very close quarters, many of which are also high risk, where serious illness can be very disruptive. For this reason, we do reserve the right to ask any of our visitors or clientele to don a well fitting mask whenever we feel it is best for everyone's safety.
We thank you all of you for respecting our desire to protect and optimize the health of those who visit and work at ProBalance.