COVID19 Procedure Updates (updated 8/7/22):
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as local government regulations. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office may communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your first visit in person and will be asked to read and sign the COVID informed consent prior to your in-person to understand the risks of in person sessions during this pandemic. In addition, we will ask for proof of vaccination status for certain activities (group fitness classes) and if there are any concerns you may have (high risk, immunosuppressed, etc) so we can try to optimize a low risk environment.
- Masks are still required for entry into our studio, regardless of vaccination status or if you're entering for PT treatment or fitness. We operate a hybrid healthcare/wellness model where the downstairs portion of the studio is generally considered the healthcare clinic and the upstairs portion of our studio is generally considered fitness/wellness. Please read our mask policy at the bottom of the page for more details. We generally operate more conservatively than the recommended local guidelines.
- We sometimes lock the front entrance while we are treating patients as there is not always someone at the front desk. You may ring the doorbell within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time if the door is locked and/or wait in your car or outside the door.
- Please wash your hands upon entering and before leaving the studio for at least 20 seconds as good standard practice. Hand sanitizer is readily available as needed throughout your session.
- You may be asked to wear grip socks if you will be performing exercises on some of our equipment for your safety. If you do not have grip socks, they are available for sale within the office. Unless there are specific medical reasons, we request that people remove their shoes prior to entering the upstairs carpeted studio.
- We have high quality HEPA air purifiers in all treatment areas. We may turn them on to a higher setting while you are present or just before/after your session to filter the air in the room. They work better to clean the air in a given space when the doors are closed.
- We use disinfectant cleaners on our tables, large Pilates apparatus and most props between patients. We also use UV light for disinfecting select smaller soft props that cannot easily be sprayed down. For maximum "piece of mind", you may bring your own soft props (Oovs, bands, etc.) from home to your session if this is a concern for you.
- Please be on time and realize that we will be working on our strict schedule of the 50 minute sessions to ensure adequate time to clean/disinfect between patients.
- When possible, please have your payment available (check to ProBalance is always preferred) or a credit card on file so we can minimize and streamline your checkout.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our staff has been fully vaccinated and boosted.
To make an in-person or remote appointment, please call our office at 510-523-1900 or use our secure contact form found on the "Contact Us" page.
We will alert you as we restrict or expand in-person offerings based on government and public health recommendations. The order of return to services will include: Phase 1: Essential physical therapy services, Phase 2: private wellness sessions (by either physical therapists or fitness teachers, Phase 3: small group classes and/or teacher training courses with vaccination requirement or testing requirement, Phase 4: group classes at prior capacity with no restrictions. For those who have packages of privates or classes, expiration dates will be extended well into the next calendar year or as long as need be for safety reasons as long as we are operating in the Phase 3 range.
Note that we have an online membership program called Be Well-Stay Well™ which provides unlimited access to live and on-demand group classes and Q&A’s on a monthly ($39/month or $399/annual) plan. We are also offering virtual private sessions to help serve our patients and clients.
Thank you for supporting The ProBalance® Studio as a local business. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
*******MASK POLICY (last amended 8-5-22)
MASK REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME PER LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
The ProBalance Studio is both a HEALTHCARE FACILITY as well as a FITNESS/WELLNESS FACILITY. All ProBalance Staff has been vaccinated and boosted. We may, at times, have stricter guidelines than those of the local agencies due to our commitment to ensuring a safe environment for you, our other patients/clients, our staff, and their family members that may be at-risk. Any bullying or refusal of compliance with our masking/vaccination/testing policies will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the premises.
DO NOT ENTER PROBALANCE STUDIO IF:
* You have any COVID Symptoms regardless of vaccination status:
* shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
* muscle aches
* sore throat
* new loss of taste or smell
* congestion or runny nose
* nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
* You suspect you have been exposed to COVID or may be sick with COVID-19.
* If you have tested positive with an Antigen test within 7 days.
EVERYONE, regardless of vaccination status MUST wear a mask to enter the ProBalance Studio and in ALL parts of the studio, regardless of vaccination, unless otherwise stated by a ProBalance Staff member for the purposes of the treatment where there are only fully vaccinated persons in the room.
Well fitting masks (KN95, N95, or surgical masks) worn over the nose and mouth will still be required for the duration of your session and in indoor areas. A well fitting cloth mask may only be worn alone as a secondary mask.
GROUP Fitness Classes have a Vaccination requirement so one must show proof of vaccination (including booster) to participate at this time. During group classes, only vaccinated persons will be allowed in the upstairs room at the time of class.